Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Game Plan

Okay, so apparently I am on my own in wanting to lose a little weight. And that is fine with me. I'm a big girl and can do this! So...here is the game plan.

With the up coming weekends filled with doing Tax Returns and two of my week days at school, I thinking setting a goal of working out everyday will be a little challenging and thus self-destructive. So, I am going to set a goal of 3 days a week working out and changing my diet.

I'm not going on a diet per se, I will just be transitioning my diet. Steve Edwards of Beach Body wrote a way to transition a non-healthy diet to a healthy one in 6 weeks back in 2001. He has now revamped and expanded it to 8 weeks. I think this is very do-able and will be starting it on Monday the 24th.

The first week of my diet transition will have a goal of deleting the "junk food" from my diet. I think I will be able to achieve this week easy. No chips, candy, ice cream, cake or fast food. I will also have the goal of 6 glasses of water each day. The only down side I have found for week one is that I will have to use water or milk for my Shakeology in the morning. But that is do-able as well. I can allow myself two "cheat days" if I am just craving that brownie sitting on the counter for this week. Hopefully I will be strong enough that I won't need them.

The second week will consist of eating small portions and often but when that gets here I will talk more about it them. :)

Should you want to join my new eight week journey you are more than welcome. There is success in numbers when dieting and holding each other accountable.

Until next time, be healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment