Thursday, July 22, 2010

Take 2: The Smokehouse Redeems Itself!

We have been redeemed! The D&R Smokehouse has been renamed to the D&R Chunkery. (We wanted to make sure our little bundle of joy was included, so instead of Cookery we went with Chunkery. Corny and probably, on some level, crazy, but we like it.) Damon took out the pots and pans again to whip up some tasty Stuffed Bell Peppers!


So in the last cooking lesson, we learned when oil is heated too hot it smokes and to not throw things in to the hot oil. In this lesson we learned to saute and stuff. :) I was hoping to be able to have something similar to the last post for everyone's enjoyment, but Damon did really well with this dish. As you can see in the pictures, he chopped, cooked and then baked the peppers all by himself.


I think he may be getting tired, already, of me taking his picture while he cooks. But I want to document his learning, that way he can't say he doesn't know how to do it! (Just kidding Love!) Really and truely I am just proud of him and want to make sure we have something to look back on and laugh at when we are old and gray. I wish I had documented our first year with all of the funness that that contained. I mean right off the bat, before we even said "I Do" he is trying to get me to go into Wal-Mart in my wedding dress! Needless to say, that didn't happen. Then we moved onto trying to get all of our stuff replaced from the break-in to who is going to sleep on what side of the bed. That, by the way, took a decent conversation to get settled. LOL!!



Definately we have had a great, but learning, experience in our short time of being married. I think we have now moved on to the expanding time in our lives. No, I am not saying that we are increasing the number of people in our little family by any means! LOL! I just think we have finally settled in and found where each of us fit. I have my side of the couch, he has his side of the bed. The drawers are all "claimed" in the dresser and bathroom. I think we are now just expanding our feelings even deeper for each other and showing each other everyday why we made the decision to spend the rest of our lives together. I hope Damon would be able to say that I have made him "better" in ways that no one else has. I know I can say that about him. Part of a song from the Musical "Wicked" says, "Because I knew you, I have been changed for good." I think Damon has changed me for good. I definately stand up for myself more, speak my mind more and have no problem being a fool in public for some fun. All of that really started when we started dating. Who knows why, but I am so glad that he was put in my path and I took a chance on someone who I could have easily never met. I mean who else am I going to chase after with a spray bottle and squirt them before bedtime until they are moist and refreshed? Plus, who would laugh at that and try to get me back?!











No comments:

Post a Comment